Tired:

I'm tired. There's no way around that. I've been busy with work, and dance, and college orientation, and my graduation party, and our house is a mess of small improvement projects. . . I'm tired. Not to mention I turned 18 recently and applied for a passport and stuff like that. I've had very little free time to relax and get fresh inspiration collected (though it's there) so I have nothing really new to report.
Anyway, I made a tee shirt. It's a repeat.


My other white shirt is pretty grungy by now. I made it last August and it's seen weekly wear if not more than that. It has some holes in the arm pits and wasn't good quality to begin with. So I remade it.


The pattern is traced off a tee and then modified; the fabric is white rayon spandex jersey from JoAnn's.


The only thing different about this from anything else is that I hemmed it with a lightning bolt stitch. Normally I twin needle stitch, but something was wonky in my tension and I didn't feel like figuring it out.


The fabric is surprisingly opaque--I thought for sure that it would be transparent, but hey, I was lucky.

Somehow I managed to get a mango stain on it that won't come out, and it's right up on the left chest. I'm going to have to either embroider or put a pocket there now--something I hadn't wanted to do. I'm pretty bummed out about that.

In other news, I have been actively embroidering, but it's been slow-going since I'm so busy. Here's a sneak peak of what I'm working on now:


It's going to be super cute and fits my personality well.
So what do you guys do when you're really busy ? What's this summer been like for you ?

Comments