Ninni Culottes for the Summer

Hello! I'm back unusually soon. But I finally got pictures of something I've had done since March...
Presenting: comfy but fashionable elastic-waist pants! They're pretty versatile, as far as casual occasions go.

Pattern: Named Clothing Ninni Culottes


Size: I'm pretty sure I made a size 0. Technically, I would be a size 2 or 4, but there's so much design ease I sized down.


Materials Used: Modal rayon from JoAnn's, from the denim section.


Directions/Construction: It would have been a lot easier if I didn't choose rayon, haha, but I think we know by now I love rayon. I DID use the instructions (gasp, what?!) and they are nice and clear. I messed up one of my pockets-I think it's upside down--but the rest of construction went smoothly, aside from hanging these up to try and hem them evenly.



Alterations: I took an inch off the waist, since I am short. Like I've mentioned before, Named Patterns drafts for a tall girl, which I am not. I think I adjusted the pocket placement accordingly. I think. I probably also took a chunk off the bottoms to make them capri/culottes length and not awkwardly short palazzo pants.
I added some topstitching that you can't see to the sides, hems, and the waistband using jeans thread. Of course, you can't really see it.


Fit: Well, they fit, in the way that giant elastic waist pants do. Super comfy.

Comments: They look like hospital pants, let's be real. I am planning to dye them a light tan to hopefully change that. I'm hoping for a dusky tannish-blue, rather than a pastel.
Also, these pictures may be staged, but they were so fun to take! My housemate called me crazy, but then she used my picnic setup too, so...
You don't know how many tries it took for a decent jumping photo...
Well, that's all I have for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and your upcoming week!

Comments

  1. OBSESSED. I seriously can't get over how much I love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was kind of iffy on them at first, but they've grown on me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If I don't answer, please assume I am busy researching or cooking myself dinner! I certainly don't mean to ignore you!