Stitching Students!

Hello everyone, it's certainly been a while! I have been sewing, but I kind of need a beach setting for photos of my latest creation . . .

Anyway, so in the past half-year or so, I have noticed how there are a lot of specialized communities in the sewing blogosphere. Take the Curvy Sewing Collective, for example. It caters to a very specific community. And while I've found other communities as well, I've never found one meant for students. For me, it's always interesting to see what others around my age are doing, what trends they follow, why they live the life they do. . .though none of this information is necessary, it certainly livens up my blog and Instagram feed and makes me happy. And, surprisingly, it's hard to find other students who have sewing blogs! Usually I find them through chance and a bit of luck, not through a community or network.
I'm excited to say that I am going to remedy that ! At least a little bit. Introducing . . .


Stitching Students! Very creative title, I know.
I'm going to begin by featuring student sewing bloggers from all around the world in small interviews right here. And by student, I mean anyone who considers their full-time or part-time occupation 'student'. This includes middle-schoolers to those in secondary school to college-goers to grad students. The more the merrier!
I'll be tagging all the Stitching Students post with the very apt 'Stitching Students' tag on the blog, and using #stitchingstudents on Instagram. My username there is reganlouise17. My account is private to keep creeps away, so feel free to request to follow me. If you don't have an Insta, no worries, I won't put anything major on it that I don't post here.
We'll see what happens after all the blogger features; I'm sure Stitching Students won't end there. For now, let me know of any student sewing bloggers you can find, aside from the usual suspects!
I'm really excited to unveil this project and I hope you are too!

Comments

  1. That's a great plan! Hope you connect with some fun people! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If I don't answer, please assume I am busy researching or cooking myself dinner! I certainly don't mean to ignore you!